POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moray's Inverse Kinematics Testing (3 JPGs) : Moray's Inverse Kinematics Testing (3 JPGs) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Moray's Inverse Kinematics Testing (3 JPGs)
From: Equiprawn
Date: 6 Apr 1999 21:36:47
Message: <370aa89f.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I decided today that I would learn how to use Moray's new Inverse Kinematics
feature. I have modeled a very rough human that moves pretty realisticly.
The hardest part wasn't working out how Moray's IK implementation works, but
deciding which elements of the model should be joints and how they should
all be allowed to move. The first two pictures are of the exact sam scene
(just a different camera angle). I used Photoshop to make the white glow
from the brightly lit objects, to blur some bad radiosity sampling, and to
make some small cosmetic changes to the sky colour. The second image is a
statue of Atlas. Here Photoshop was just used to rescale the image and blur
some more patchy radiosity. Nothing particularly amazing about either of the
scenes, but keep in mind the fact that instead of having to place each body
part seperatly for each person, I just had to drag the lims to where I
wanted them - so it only took two minutes to pose them.

Equiprawn

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Person 2 Original Camera edit.JPG' (63 KB) Download 'Person2 across pool edit.JPG' (41 KB) Download 'Atlas Edit.JPG' (8 KB)

Preview of image 'Person 2 Original Camera edit.JPG'
Person 2 Original Camera edit.JPG

Preview of image 'Person2 across pool edit.JPG'
Person2 across pool edit.JPG

Preview of image 'Atlas Edit.JPG'
Atlas Edit.JPG